Who We Are
MIRRA, Methods for Irrigation and Agriculture, was created on September 2007 and based in Amman and Irbid, Jordan. It was converted to a special association that belongs to the Ministry of Environment in the end of year 2010.
MIRRA supports the development of the water and agriculture sector in Jordan and in the region in two major areas:
- irrigation water management: optimisation of pressurised irrigation networks on the field level and on the network level, and wastewater reuse in agriculture.
- agricultural commodities systems optimisation: introduction of new, high-added value crops, amelioration of production techniques, appraisal of horticultural commodity production chain.
In all of its interventions, MIRRA‘s maintains a practical approach adapted to the local context, coupled with detailed technical knowledge of field reality and conditions.
- MIRRA follows a practical field methodology and approach, and employs adapted tools and techniques, building the capacity of beneficiaries to manage water and agriculture efficiently.
- MIRRA is qualified to provide short and long term expertise and consultations.
- MIRRA enjoys strong local roots in the region, supplemented by a network of specialists and experts.
- Implements development projects.
- Supports other operating agents during some or all project phases.
- Provides technical expertise and consultancy.
- Trains farmers and other water and agriculture sector practitioners.